Subject: [Leica] Img - Friday Rower & Epson 3880
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 02:52:31 -0400

> That's a more than cool shot, Henning!
> On this rumoured 3880, does this mean that Epson has betrayed me by making
> my 3800 obsolete?? Is there some web forum where I can complain or damn
> with
> faint praise!!!!
> I hear that the 3880 produces very neutral blacks without having to remove
> the magenta cartridge.

http://www.epson.com/proimaging/index.html

My blacks on my 3800 are as neutral as Switzerland.
The interface for controlling my grays  i.e. monochrome print color I find
totally controllable with the Epson printer software. Its a breeze and joy
to work with it.
But I'm sure the 3800 will be much better.
I trust Epson to improve on perfection.
I'm saving my money for an M9.

My 3800 was a huge leap up for me though from my 2200.
I'm glad that ones gone.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Img - Friday Rower & Epson 3880)