Subject: [Leica] X1 to G11 comparison
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:41:01 -0400

Henning writes:

At 7:36 PM -0400 9/9/09, Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:

I wonder how it

will compare to the Canon G11?

Different camera, different market. The only commonalities are that?

they are both digital and not a whole lot different in size.

?- - - - -

Come on Henning. That's not really a comparison is it? Of course since
little is known about either camera all that we have to go by is the
reputation of the makers. Perhaps a better comparison might be how the X1
stacks up against the Olympus E-P1. Both will have the same size sensors
although the Olympus is lower priced. Neither has a built in viewfinder.
Both feature metal construction and a high "elegance" factor.

But echoing the comments of others on the list, I don't know what market the
X1 is really aimed at. Perhaps it is Leica's intent to use up surplus parts
from the discontinued M8s.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] X1 to G11 comparison)
Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] X1 to G11 comparison)