Subject: [Leica] "good enough" (was: a quick hello)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 19:38:14 -0400

A respected photographer may not have to be put in a position to justify
what gear they are using in terms of brand name.
But if they are delivering a format smaller than what was first expected
they may have to go into some kind of minor song and dance on it.
Leica photographers are used to that its what Leica was first all about.
Talking about what they can get in 35 is going to be better in many ways
than what the other guys are getting with a Rolleiflex.

How guys justify cropped vs. full frame nowadays I don't know and war
photography technique no clue but in plenty of cases editors and art
directors don't care if you are using Canon or Nikon they do care if your
not giving them full frame.
In just the past two  years.

Mark William Rabiner

In the 80's and 90's everybody was very impressed by auto focus and the fact
that CANON auto focus was at first faster than NIKON.
But plenty of people used Leica rangefinders or slrs even with MANUAL FOCUS.
BUT THEY WERE NOT SHOOTING HALF FRAME.
I'm sure if they were a few art directors and editors might have the
temerity to question their notable photog on that..

Leica 72's are rare and big money and normally only seen behind glass.
If you try to use one to take pictures they grab you and take you away.