Subject: [Leica] a quick hello
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 19:25:18 -0400

I thought my point was not all that unclear you can read it at the bottom
but maybe not.

I think if you become a top pro photographer you'd then have the option to
maybe not use the Canons and Nikons like everybody else is using.
You have used them for the wrong reasons. As everybody does.
Used them for the appearance sake of using "pro gear".
But after awhile if you get a reputation people are still going to hire you
if you are not geared up in standard attire.
They assume your picture are still going to come out even if you're gear
looks a little different. Or a LOT different even. You have a known body of
work people assume there is more coming.

Most of the list below is nitch stuff many not cameras but glass or backs
which makes Leica use look mainstream.
My large format camera is a Cambo.
Can anybody name a photographer using an Alpa?

My point is again that just becuae top photographers are using Nikon Canons
it does not make them idiots. I'm not making a comment on those who use
nitch cameras. I'm making comment on those that don't. They are somehow able
to get viable results. Those are the images you see every day.
You can say "My D3 or EOS is terrible" but at that very moment very awesome
people all over the world are on assignment making very awesome images with
it which are going to become part of the common culture.
So in context such a statement can be a little bit ridiculous.
The top Rolleiflex users out there don't call Canons "terrible cameras".
They have friends who are top pros using them. It would be an insult on
THEM.
who are getting enviable shots every day with them

Mark William Rabiner