Subject: [Leica] CV 1.4/40mm and 1.2/35mm on M8 - what is your experience?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 19:24:52 +1000

Hi Bruce. May I join your discussion on this? Are you considering getting
rid of a Summilux 35 in order to get the Cosina Voigtlander f1/1.2 35?
In my opinion this would be a downwards step. However I know some users who
are happy with them and I have not personally shot with one. I would be
surprised if it does not exhibit significant focus shift as you stop down
(the Summilux has some too). Maybe you could visit a store and shoot some
frames with one before commiting?  Or Nathan and Ted may share some
experience there?
If you are going to try it out, keep your Summilux too and use them both for
a while before you decide that you want to get rid of one of them!
Anyway here  it is on a camera (with a master using it!) if you wanted to
get some idea of its size on the M8.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/lf/SF4.jpg.html

>>> http://www.greatpix.eu

--