Subject: [Leica] IMG: local sights Brisbane
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 07:10:52 +1000

Yes well, these Holgas had a standard f/8 60mm 'optical' lens, presumably a
pice of plastic from inside a Cokebottle screw top or something. There was
the pinhole version too in case the standard lens is too modern and well
corrected for you. Note also that they make not only a green 'Safari" model
and a white limited edition but also other funky colours. They were only AUD
100 each! About USD 76. We won't even go there on availability and cost for
the roll film. I missed the shot but a staff member was pulling much of
their amateur film off the shelf for disposal, having gone out of date. The
next dealer has used 70's era metal SLRs (Pentax or Canonn) going begging
for $50 complete with a 1.8 50.