Subject: [Leica] Nathan's Book List
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 20:03:03 +0200

I agree with everything George has said in this and other posts on
this topics.

Furthermore, today I received my copy of Ted's book. Now, in my
collection I have lots of traditionally-published books of photographs
by the gods we worship here--HCB, Brassai, Kertesz and so on. I can
only say that Ted's new book is fully on par with those in terms of
content, and surpasses them in terms of the quality of the production.

Twenty years ago, traditional publishing houses were indispensable to
artists like Ted. There was simply no other way to get a book printed
and distributed unless you were independently wealthy. Today the
market has been disintermediated, to use and expression from
economics. Anybody with a computer, a bit of time, and good content
(most important of all!) can create a work of art and not have to
worry about how s/he is going to get it into the hands of readers.

I think it is wonderful.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain