Subject: [Leica] 4 best and worst M lenses
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 07:06:03 +1000

I'll step up on intrinsic properties.
Summicron 28 ASPH.
Elmarit M 24 ASPH (and now the Elmar 24 ASPH.)
Summilux 50 ASPH.
APO Summicron 90 ASPH.
APO Summicron 75 ASPH.
That's six, but the 24's would be an OR choice
And on personal preference for on the M8, the 75 over the 90.
Avoiding the descriptives you don't want to hear, all very well corrected.
Excellent form factors, The 50ASPH & 75ASPH. for their floating element
designs that  improve close in performance and focus shift issues.
And the four DO sit in my bag all of the time.
Have fun going broke shopping, post pictures ;-)