Subject: [Leica] Hello, to M8 users, can you tell me what your workflow is, for DNG?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 21:19:12 +1000

Vick I'm sure the Lightroom experienced folks will step up very soon. I only
just finally ordered it today.
I can give you a couple of suggestions meanwhile.
The 2 CDs with the camera are a version of Capture One and some software to
control the camera from your computer.
Most people don't bother with the second.
Capture One is an alternate Raw convertor, It is meant broadly to do what
Lightroom does. Really you typically use one or the other. Since its free, I
suggest you set it up and take advantage of the update of (one) version.
Just be aware that the DNG standard is a little open. That is not every DNG
prog implements every part of it. So you can find that files opened with
some aren't recognised by others. Both LR and C1 will recognise the DNGs
from your M8 though.
You can go ahead and leave C1 in place then  and upgrade your LR. Its useful
to keep the different conversion options and the two progs won't conflict.