Subject: [Leica] B&W on M8.2...
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 16:16:29 +0000

Craig,

This just goes to show everyone has their preferences. ?I shoot RAW on both
my M8 and the R8/DMR. ?I find there is a big difference, and yes you do have
a few extra steps with RAW, but it is worth it to me at least, although most
of my post processing is just minor stuff, like a slight exposure adjust and
the occasional WB issue. ?If you are happy with your jpegs then don't
change, but I would recommend ?you try the dng's to see if you like them or
the jpeg's. ?The main problem with jpeg's as I understand it, is that every
time you open a file you degrade the file, so you loose information. ?This
does not happen with raw, and you have greater latitude when you have
problem exposures, which in jpeg are just lost exposures.

Either way shoot what makes you happy, but shoot.

Cheers,
Gene