Subject: [Leica] Photoshop vs Journalism- Clayton
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:58:50 +0200

R. Clayton McKee wrote:

>Quoth the Philippe AMARD :
>

>>Unfortunately this phenomenon is not new I'm afraid.
>>Believing is by essence subjective.
>>PR people and politicians know that better than others.
>>

>Oh, I know.  And, as I said, DISbelief is certainly a more rational
>approach than belief; in fact I've often commented that the best
>thing about the obvious fakery done via digital means is that the
>general public is now _aware_ of just how much
>
>It is merely annoying to me that there seems to be a consensus that
>since there's no provably objective viewpoint, all viewpoints are
>equal and there's no point or purpose in trying to maintain some
>point of reference to "reality" - EVERYTHING is about selling
>something or other.
>
>I'm a little too young still (at least chronologically) to be sitting
>on the front porch waving a cane and yelling about "damn kids today!"
>but that's about what it comes to...
>
>That, and being heartily glad that I probably won't be around to see
>the end game.

Hi Clayton,

I think I quite understand we're all very close on all this.
It is annoying indeed - on so many planes.
Think that at a time when Galileo was in deep trouble because he had
made the earth revolve, contrary to the official credo, around the sun,
others were being very creative, and making money (re?)inventing
perspective ...it  tells much about misconceptions, and how humble we
should be, does it not.

Quoting from memory: 'La valeur commence avec le doute' - in L'Homme
R?volt?,  A. Camus.
http://www.tameri.com/csw/exist/camus.shtml
But he was referring to another type of revolution, in another period,
with different purposes.
Need a pal? Where's your porch? ;-)
Bien amicalement
Philippe