Subject: [Leica] WAS: Darkroom or computer music NOW: EASY FIT! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 15:35:06 -0700

Steve Barbour responded:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom or computer music

>>> geeze Ted...

I'd better get to work, and soon...<<<

Hi Steve,

It's not as hard as it sounds because it's all physiological &
psychological! ! :-)

First off do not even think about getting to the 80 reps. It creates a mind
freeze. "Oh my God I'll never make it!!" ERGO: Your body responds with .
"idiot what are you thinking?" Obviously it rebels and refuses to move . :-)
Bodies are like that sometimes. ;-) As you know Doctor Barbour! :-)

So start with as many as you can, obviously you'll just stop when you can't
go any further. That may or may not be more than 5 or 10.

If you make 10, now you know you can reach 10. Next go around later in the
day before eating, never after! Aim for 10!  After a few days you'll find .
"oh gee  whiz I just did 13!" You feel good. But the next time still
mentally aim for the 10 "and if you feel body comfy at that point continue
maybe to 13 or 14.  But never start to do more than 10 in your mind. Even
though it maybe only 3 more. mentally your mind will rebel! :-)

The next thing you know you are doing 15 but only thinking 10. Once you are
reaching 15 on a regular basis change the mind set . "you are going to do
15!"

And you repeat this twice a day until you find you are slipping by to 18!
And it goes on from there building, but never really aiming for the high
number you wish to get to.

I do 80 regularly twice a day. But when I reach 40, I start at 1 again and
in my mind, therefore "that's not many, made that lots of times!"  I'm only
going to 40, when in actual numbers by the time I reach the second 40, I've
completed 80. It's just like the other day doing 85 straight through. I
never thought about doing 85 this morning, but made 84 and that was it body
rebelled! But in mental counting I was still only reaching for 40! Later
today, about 4.30 pm or so, I'll hit the mat again and go for 2 X 40! And
with any kind of luck I'll reach or go by the second 40 on my way to
whatever I get to? 90-100 or? :-) Piece of cake if you don't think about
it..

It's pure mind over matter.

Dr. ted ;-)

On Mar 29, 2009, at 9:22 AM, Ted Grant wrote:

> [...]

> Hi Gerry,

> Come May 27th I'll be the young age of a full blown 80 years! And

> looking

> forward to the 100th as long as I can still kick ass! :-) If I

> can't, then

> no point in being here  if yer only a pain in the ass for others to

> look

> after you.

> On January 30th  my work out gal and I were looking for a

> celebration thing

> for the big 80.  As I've done in the past, at 65 I did my first and

> only

> solo parachute jump because I always wondered what it would be like

> on many

> occasions sitting on the floor of a helicopter doing aerial photos

> while

> legs dangling over the side & door open.

> So there I was at 65, Jump master yelled. GO!"  I went!  Hell of a

> ride. On

> the 76th BD day I flew in a P51 Mustang doing imaginary WW 2 dog

> fights all

> over the sky. Another boyhood dream accomplished. :-)

> Now the big 80 I tried to get my nephew who's a senior rank type in

> the

> Canadian air force to get me a ride in one of our fighter jets..

> These young

> guys have no imagination.. Certainly neeeeeeeeither do the super

> senior

> ranking types.

> He says" Not a hope! Do you know if you have to eject you could

> break a

> whole bunch of bones?" Besides there'd be a hell of a public out cry

> about

> taking a civilian for a free ride. My response . "Screw them, just

> re-activate my commission for test purposes, do the flight then I

> can resign

> again!" Not a hope.

> OK second try.. A submarine when it dives and a trip under water.

> Always

> thought that a neat thing to have ago. Damn Navy isn't any brighter

> than the

> air force. :-) They all have this idea that age matters!  "You want

> to do

> what at 80?" As we older gentlemen know, "age is just a number."

> Screw it!

> It's all about attitude that's far more important for the driving

> force to

> keep on rockin' and rollin'!

> So what to do just to kick ass? I've been working at the rec centre

> and at

> home twice a day preparing to do, "80 sit ups one right after the

> other on

> the morning of the 80th birthday."  As of two days ago I'm doing 85

> twice a

> day.  :-) That's everyday from now until May 27th

> However, it simply means I've only got 15 more to go and I'll make a

> 100!

> :-) So why not, go for it!!  See what I mean? It's all about

have a wonderful Sunday,

:-)

Steve