Subject: [Leica] OT: Audiophile Question
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Thu Jan 15 00:18:14 2009

Balanced (XLR) should not be necessary to combat electrical noise at that
length in domestic surroundings. Also the balanced connection will have more
components in line, either a transformer or a complete opposite phase
amplifier. My experience has been the simpler the better so I would choose
the RCA connection personally.
BTW the maker of my equipment fits balanced XLR connection in case a
customer wants to use it but advises that the sound quality will be inferior.
Probably not everybody will hear the difference.......
Frank