Subject: [Leica] Re: Centenary?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Jan 2 18:12:00 2009

Hmm, Leica places the Ur-Leica on their timeline as 1914. That will do to
match Alastair's 'five years or so' for me just fine. I understand that the
50 Jahre models were marking 50 years of Leica production models. No
shortage of 'commemorative' models along the way, naturally. So we can all
pick which anniversary we'd like to celebrate. Of course Leica Camera AG
won't have any official connection to Alastair's proposed project (although
maybe they should) so the point is moot.
A dealer friend of mine was allowed to handle (white gloves) the Ur-Leica
from the Leica vault, a year or so back. If that didn't motivate you, you
would have to examine your soul!
Of course some folks here would criticise it for being an obsolete design
that Nikon or Canon could do much better for less money ;-) ;-) ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.