Subject: [Leica] WTB: lens hood for my Summilux 50
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Dec 18 21:58:04 2008

I think it has the most pleasing bokeh of all the 50mm lenses, but
truth be told I would rather have the latest ASPH version. It was
strictly a question of money. I am not saying it is a bad lens (if I
thought that, I would not have bought it) but the ASPH is phenomenal.
As a general rule, I prefer modern lenses. All this talk of "glow" and
so on is just putting lipstick on a pig. Glow equals flare.
Fortunately, the 50mm Summilux, even pre-ASPH, does not have much of
that.

Anyway, I found a lens hood from ebay seller heavy2stars or something
like that. These are basically copies of the 12586, made in China. I
am sure it will do the job, and at $22.45 including shipping I am not
exactly taking a big financial risk here.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu