Subject: [Leica] A really useful group on Facebook
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Dec 18 21:47:47 2008

...and highly on topic for this list :-)

Here is the description:

"The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a
toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a
manifesto of man?s determination to use the resources of nature to
refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he
has been endowed." - David Daiches, Scotch Whisky 1969

A place to sit back, relax, and discuss the finer points of Single
Malt Scotch Whisky, especially the masterfully hand crafted ones
distilled on the island of Islay - Ardbeg, Bowmore, Bruichladdich,
Bunnahabhain, Caol Ila, Lagavulin and Laphroaig.

A place to learn about Single Malts and why people love them. A forum
for education on the production and proper consumption of Single Malt
Scotch. This is NOT a group that advocates irresponsible drinking, and
at $40 a bottle and up, it is highly unlikely anyone would want to
waste even a drop.Single Malt Scotch is not to be guzzled, it is to be
sipped, nurtured, and enjoyed responsibly.

Call of the Dram
by Tobias Fiske

Give me your bored, your wasted,
Your huddled masses yearning to experience taste,
The despairing masses, dejected from your light beer, vodka and silly
soda drinks!
Send these, the hopeless inebriated, to me!
I lift my glasses beside the amber bottle!

The group is called Single Malt Scotch Whisky.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu