Subject: [Leica] Another PAW
From: wmrav at triad.rr.com (William Ravenel)
Date: Sun Jan 7 17:05:28 2007

Thank you Tina. At the time I took the picture, I was focused on
framing her profile against the sky and wasn't paying attention to
what was reflected in the puddle. After seeing the result, I also
wondered about the reflection. I think it would have been better with
her profile reflected or with no reflection, but after studying the
picture I realized that to add her reflection I would have had to
have lowered my viewpoint and moved to the right. This would have
placed her head against foliage.

Of course I'm not good enough to have thought about all this during
the few seconds I had to snap the shutter before she moved, and
shooting film didn't give me a result to think about immediately
after. I don't own a digital camera, but can see they have definite
advantages. When you shoot digitally, do you find yourself taking
more "adjustment" shots after seeing the image, or do you "pre-
visualize" as with film and move on?

Will