Subject: [Leica] Was ....SUMMILUX 50/1,4 Asph
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Sat Nov 13 19:45:13 2004

Familiar yes, on the mailing list no.
John Cobb was there. I did get to see, and hear, the old gent engaged in
discussions. I did not get any shots of him, even though I brought my R8/50
'lux combo. Very lucid, to say the least.
I did get several shots of Ian Barbour and David Griffin, in the campus
kitchen, talking to each other.
There is an exhibit at the Claremont library, 2nd floor, of artifacts and
personal writings, of Charles Hartshorne. His surviving daughter was also in
attendance at the seminar. There were lecture notes there from his stay in
Germany. Lectures given by Husserl himself. I can't remember if there were
any from his attendance of the Heidegger lectures.
But, I'm not much of a fan of this particular school of thought. This drift,
intriguingly enough,  into a rigorous form of punctilious intellection does
fit neatly with Methodism's contemporary face.
My own interests are more along the lines of exploring the influence of
Moravian pietism, the Byzantine world's reach into American religious life,
through Wesley, et al.
S. Dimitrov