Subject: [Leica] Best guitar string for thief thwarting.
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Wed May 19 07:48:58 2004

Yes, but don't they vibrate at their "resonant" frequency?  Therefore
producing the different musical notes?

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           MCyclWritr@aol.com                           |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           05/18/2004 11:35 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                         |
  |       To:       lug@leica-users.org                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Leica] Best guitar string for thief thwarting.                     |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

It's a thread (or string) that I figured would resonate with a few people
on
the list.

(If you had any idea how fierceIy I've avoided using the word "resonate" in

its trendy context--used in place of the elegant, direct, time-tested word
"appeal"--you'd know just how damn pleased I am to have just used in nearly
the
proper context. It's still incorrect, but the pun-factor drove me to do it.

Guitar strings don't resonate; they vibrate and cause the body of the
instrument
to resonate. At least, in my simple world, that's how it all works. So,
maybe
I'm within six degrees of correct. After all, Kevin Bacon has heard sound
resonating from a guitar, right?)

--Chris Lawson

BD wrote:

>>Chris Lawson wrote:

>-I'd recommend a John Pearse medium gauge B-2nd (.017) silvered steel
for
daytime and weave in a couple dressier G-3rd (.026) bronze wound strings
for
evening. If I felt like making that ugly American statement, I'd go with
the extra
chubby E-6th (.056) bronze wounds.

Okay, it's new thread.<

-