Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux not same as Lumix apparently (was Re: The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced)
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@imagist.cnc.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 12:04:59 -0600

Eric Welch12/5/03

>I'm not paying $500 for software I don't think I need.

I quite agree. I've spent far too much on software and hardware which didn't live up to claims. PhaseOne has a 15 day trial, which I believe is why so many high-end-digi-shooters tried it and raved about it over the processors packed with the backs and cameras. And the raves came out before the latest Photoshop 8 (which I believe is the CS version?).

>I get exactly what I want with Photoshop.

Absolutely no need to go further than "exactly what I want."

>Have you used Photoshop 8 with RAW files yet?

No I haven't. So I certainly wouldn't disparage it. I'd simply like to hear from users who have some familiarity with both products in a pro environment; as I'm sure we will over time.

I'm in a wait and see mode for now. I've been renting: 10d when that'll do what's needed and 1ds when that's client or I thinks the larger file's needed. Nothing's sitting on the shelf unused. Web images coming off the Digilux1 which has paid for itself 10 times over.

>Moire is not a problem I have with our D60.

It seems to come up as you say with the larger sensor cells but can come up even with smaller sensors when shooting at the right (or wrong) scale to some subject patterns.

At any rate - I would love to hear more about Capture1 and Photoshop 8 in pro work flows if someone would like to try the trial version.

Fond regards,

G e o r g e   L o t t e r m o s e r,    imagist

<>Peace<>   <>Harmony<>  <>Stewardship<>

Presenting effective messages in beautiful ways
                                     since 1975
web	                          <www.imagist.com>
eMail                        george@imagist.com
voice                              262 241 9375
fax                                262 241 9398
                      Lotter Moser & Associates
10050 N Port Washington Rd  -  Mequon, WI 53092