Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux not same as Lumix apparently (was Re: The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced)
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 17:01:54 -0800

No, I haven't tried that specific software. I'm not paying $500 for
software I don't think I need. I get exactly what I want with
Photoshop. Maybe my prejudice that companies who promise us great
advantage with their new-fangled software with hundreds of settings
that supposedly "tweak" our images for superior quality is showing
through. Too many of them have let me down too often. Have you used
Photoshop 8 with RAW files yet? Maybe Phase1 has some advantages, but
Moire is not a problem I have with our D60. I believe that problem is a
result of sensor cells being farther apart in full-frame sensors.

On Dec 5, 2003, at 8:14 AM, George Lottermoser wrote:

> Have you trialled PhaseOne's C1 Pro software? I'd love to know what
> you don't like about it or why you believe it would impede workflow;
> as it automatically opens the image in Photoshop upon completion of
> processing and provides far more controls than Photoshop CS's RAW
> processor, including dealing with moiré, which is an ongoing issue
> with high-end digital for professional use.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.
- - Will Rogers

In reply to: Message from George Lottermoser <imagist@imagist.cnc.net> (Re: [Leica] Digilux not same as Lumix apparently (was Re: The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced))