Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux not same as Lumix apparently (was Re: The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced)
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@imagist.cnc.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:14:12 -0600

While I've not had the opportunity to compare all available RAW processors; I do know each photographer's workflow and quality requirements may vary. To say one high-end software or hardware "can't match" another simply doesn't help us to understand the differences and/or reasons for choosing one or another.

Have you trialled PhaseOne's C1 Pro software? I'd love to know what you don't like about it or why you believe it would impede workflow; as it automatically opens the image in Photoshop upon completion of processing and provides far more controls than Photoshop CS's RAW processor, including dealing with moiré, which is an ongoing issue with high-end digital for professional use.