Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux in Canada
From: walt@jove.acs.unt.edu
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:45:59 -0600 (CST)

Quoting Bas <bas@baswip.com>:

> Walt,
>
> I would think that bokeh can be seen on 4x6 print just fine. I however
> don't
> quite understand the term beautiful bokeh. I think there is only bad
> bokeh
> and it exists in those shots where it bothers you. In photo's with out
> of
> focus blur, where it doesn't bother me, I don't go and look for the
> 'beautiful rendition of out of focus areas'.

Oh, to be fair, I've seen both attractive out of focus areas and
unattractive....depends on the composition and f-stop, tho...NOT
the brand of junk you use.........
 Color rendition is and other matter though,
but prints made by a good minilab on 4x6 of a leica are still
> beautiful. However I do doubt if you can distinguish those shot with
> leica from those shot with other good optics.
I would add that there are NO real "Leica" shots when the subsequent film
is run through other folks' lenses/scanners/etc...as it invariably
IS unless you do all your own printing on Leitz enlargers/lenses
or use the film directly, as in a Leica projector...

All just 'semantics', tho....as it still has little relavence to
"photography"...
Walt

Message from "Bas" <bas@baswip.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux in Canada)