Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux in Canada
From: "Bas" <bas@baswip.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:43:34 +0100

Walt,

I would think that bokeh can be seen on 4x6 print just fine. I however don't
quite understand the term beautiful bokeh. I think there is only bad bokeh
and it exists in those shots where it bothers you. In photo's with out of
focus blur, where it doesn't bother me, I don't go and look for the
'beautiful rendition of out of focus areas'. Color rendition is and other
matter though, but prints made by a good minilab on 4x6 of a leica are still
beautiful. However I do doubt if you can distinguish those shot with leica
from those shot with other good optics.

Bas

> > I'm keeping mine. I think there will always be people who buy stuff with
"made
> > in Germany" on it thinking the resale value will always be high not
worrying
> > about committing to the image making they might do with the gear. A few
4x6
> > machine prints and a big opinion on the ins and outs of the optic.
>
> I'm always amazed by this!!!....several of my friends have purchased
Leica,
> (as a status symbol???)...and constantly RAVE about their
pictures....Printed
> by Eckerds (4x6)!!!!....
> Then the subject comes up on here, and some idiot always informs me that
> he can tell the difference in "bokeh" or "color rendition"....ON MINILAB
PRINTS!!!