Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux in Canada
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:03:52 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

> I'm keeping mine. I think there will always be people who buy stuff with "made
> in Germany" on it thinking the resale value will always be high not worrying
> about committing to the image making they might do with the gear. A few 4x6
> machine prints and a big opinion on the ins and outs of the optic.

I'm always amazed by this!!!....several of my friends have purchased Leica,
(as a status symbol???)...and constantly RAVE about their pictures....Printed
by Eckerds (4x6)!!!!....
Then the subject comes up on here, and some idiot always informs me that
he can tell the difference in "bokeh" or "color rendition"....ON MINILAB PRINTS!!!
I guess I need to use a minilab, because I can't tell the difference in
my Nikons and Leicas using all this Omega/Hope/Colenta gear.....
Or maybe I'm just "uncultured"....I bet that's it...

Walt

 Mainly the