Subject: Re: [Leica] Simplicity and Leica
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 9 Nov 2001 09:45:28 -0800

On Fri, 09 November 2001, David Rodgers wrote:

> Leica, Kodachrome and an Ektagraphic! Now that's simplicity. The worst
> thing that could happen was a bulb burning out or a trannie in upside down.
> And posterization was a word that described my dormroom wall in the '70s.
>
> Dave (remembering things that were)

Since it was 30+ years ago when I learned to get decent Kodachromes I've probably forgotten how much learning and work, how much trashed film and how much head-scratching it took to get Kodachrome right... except I still have some of those splinters under my fingernails.

Where we are now with digital printing is comparable to the home computers of 20 years ago.  Compare CP/M to OS9.1 and imagine how simple digital printing will be in a few years.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe