Subject: Re: [Leica] In praise of the 90 Summicron R
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 9 Nov 2001 14:48:57 -0800

On Fri, 09 November 2001, FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com wrote:

> I had forgotten the look of the older Summicrons, especially the 90 for
> portraits.
>
> My God! Such a beautiful glow particularly with back lighting - no flare,
> nothing washed out, just a wonderful dimensional image filled with subtlety
> and pastel shadings - all at F2.0! This is why I got into Leica gear over
> thirty years ago. It is simply amazing how much detail that lens produces
> while avoiding the brittle look.
> The image just lights up.

This is one of those threads that comes by periodically... praise for the 90mm Summicron-R.  I agree completely.

Threads will come and threads will go but the 90mm Summicron-R will always light up our chromes.  No APO, ASPH, CRC, or exotic glass but it's one lens I'll never sell.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe