Subject: Re: [Leica] Simplicity and Leica
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 14:38:33 -0800

Doug

Actually, it's pretty darn easy to print right now -- unless you want big
prints that are archival. And if you get away from manufacturer's
recommendations, it gets to be a mine field in a hurry!

I wonder if the newer printers with smaller droplets are more prone to
clogging. That seems to be the biggest headache in digital printing. I keep
thinking the smaller the droplet the smaller the aperture, and logically
the more prone to clogging, but I'm no expert.

My first real quadtone print was on an Epson 3000.It's a bit long in the
tooth technology wise, but has a decent track record. And the droplet isn't
small. 12 picolitres. I think the newest printers are down to 2. That's
P3200 in Rodinol vs Tech Pan!

Dave