Subject: Re: [Leica] I Love the LUG!!!!!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 19:49:18 -0700

><Snip>
> admin, but the great thing about the LUG is that stuff comes out of left
> field at you. And, not to wind anyone up, that's why I've enjoyed Oddmund's
> contributions... well written, provocative, and from a place I'm not.
>
> Makes you realise how much the net has changed all our lives.
>
> --
> John Brownlow

I was in awe of being able to encounter the great and wonderous Oddmund after
all those years of myth building. I had just come on when he got off i think
about 3 years ago.
But when it turned out that he just came back to the lug to talk politics and
that was his only interest i was little disappointed. He really wasn't here to
talk Leicas or even cameras at all. Well there are plenty of political lists who
really needs to talk politics with a bunch of camera bugs? :)
I have plenty of acquaintances and even friends (in the real world) that i have
no desire at ALL to talk politics with I KNOW I have little in common
politically with.
As with the LHSA I meets these guys and I assume they are right wingers having
built there mega corparations by thier bootstraps but inadvertently i'd find I'd
been mistaken. Sometimes. But by pure accident.
No one was sitting around at "Ally's" in Boston talking politics thank god.
We talked Sociology! As in will the inkjets take over!. But nothing close to
party politics. There often is little common ground. Boy we had a good time!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/