Subject: [Leica] Canadian lenses
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 12:46:14 -0700

I bought a 35 mm Summicron labeled "Canada."  It was about half the
price of current models.  In general, the lenses made in Canada,
e.g., 90 mm Summicron, appear to be somewhat cheaper than others.
Are these lenses inferior, and, if so, in what respects?

The other question:  I have a rectangular hood that clips onto the
lens.  That is, there are two buttons that, when depressed, cause
some pawls to withdraw.  These pawls snap into recesses in the lens
mount.  The question is: is a hood cap available for this hood?

Thanks,

Herb
- --
Herbert Kanner