Subject: Re: [Leica] 80 Summilux-R f1.4
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 09:07:16 -0400

> If you have one of these and have used it, what do you think?  I have the
> 75/1.4 for the M.  Do I also need the 80/1.4 for the R if I'm going to use
> it exclusively for color?  How does it compare to the 75/1.4 for the M?  I
> like the metering in the R8 for color.  Is that enough reason to go with
> the 80/1.4?  Is it a huge lens or similar to the 60 Macro?  Is there a
> difference in the earlier versions and the later ones that I should consider?
Tina,

When I used R's I owned and used the 80/1.4, and found it to be my most used
lens.  The 19mm/180mm were next.  When I returned to increased M usage and
had both the 75mm and the 80mm I used the 80 more and never have felt
comfortable with the 75mm.  It is a great lens.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander