Subject: Re: [Leica] 80 Summilux-R f1.4
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 21:37:34 -0500

Tina,

I have owned two of them (actually the same one twice).  I owned an R8 and
sold it and then bought another and found out that the dealer still had the
80 that I had sold him.  I really liked the lens and it worked really well
on the R8. I had a 75 for the M but never really cared for it.  It is a lot
easier to focus the 80 than the 75.  If it were not for the weight of the
R8 etc., I would have kept it and the 35/1.4 and the 80/1.4.

I have two pictures that I took with it (not very good) on E200, I think or
Kodachrome 200 (don't remember) that I can e-mail to you if you wish.

BTW when I was interested in buying an 80 I talked with Pascal about it and
he e-mailed me several hi-res scans he had taken with it that I thought
were great. You might contact him.

Dick