Subject: Re: [Leica] Even Worse Than Scotches: IE Linguistics
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 19:48:53 -0700

One last gasp of off topic exhaustion. I was thinking more along the
lines of origins, speculatively speaking. I remember while taking Greek,
our professor, a humble Cambridge reader, constantly going over Hittite
material. While we were busy publicly eviscerating ourselves at the
chalkboard, he would sit back in the first row thumbing through a
monograph of Hittite inscriptions. I always wondered about the
connection. When we asked him about it, he would look at us with a
painful smile that seemed to indicate we were too low on the food chain
to understand. Never the less, I'm still curious. But hey, time to
search for that list/site.

Slobodan Dimitrov

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Even Worse Than Scotches: IE Linguistics)