Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop! The Leica of...
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:38:48 -0500

>Johnny Deadman wrote:
>
>> Photoshop isn't hard. It's no harder than you Leica.
>>
>> If I had one request to the Photoshop Gods (apart from 16-bit layers, that
>> is) it would be for an extended 'custom' filter that would let you create
>> new filters based on the matrix model, but with a lot more control.
>>
>Come on, JD, "no harder than your Leica?" In a pig's eye! I love
>PhotoShop, but it's no all mechanical Leica M. Your very comment about
>wanting a custom filter that would allow the creating of "new filters
>based on the matrix model" proves it. The what?!!??
>
>I think the reality is that folks who master, or quasi-master PhotoShop
>tend to forget how damn complex it is, and how steep the learning curve.
>
>BTW, I'm not suggesting that it isn't worth the effort, just pointing
>out that there really is a great deal of effort involved in begining to
>master the program...
>
>B. D.

No B.D. !

You are missing the point.

If you were starting today for the first time ever with a manual camera,
you'd think it was soooooo complicated!

In fact, if you were handed a cheap Point & Shoot and a Leica you would
get better exposures from the P&S.

Once you know the basics of photography, a manual camera is simple to use.
But starting with no photographic knowledge would be utterly confounding!

Photoshop is very much the same.

Henry

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Photoshop! The Leica of...)