Subject: [Leica] 12/5.6 Heliar rear element filters
From: "Mike Nicholls" <mikenic@cyberone.com.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:46:55 +1000

I threatened to put up some Infra-Red "test" pictures taken with the 12/5.6
Heliar using a home made rear element filter adapter. So here are a couple
of pix to check out. I used the #87 filter for these, but the #25 also
worked fine with no vignetting.

http://www.hocusfocus.com.au/mike/start.htm

This lens takes a lot of getting used to. I wandered around for ages with
just the 12 finder in my pocket to get an idea of the coverage in different
situations. Warning....don't try to walk and view at the same time. You get
to head-butt a lot of trees/people if you do.

Thanks to TomA, Henning and others for previous responses.

Mike Nicholls
Canberra, ACT, Australia
mikenic@cyberone.com.au