Subject: Re: [Leica] 15mm Heliar--Vignetting & Underexposure
From: "Mike Nicholls" <mikenic@cyberone.com.au>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 10:04:07 +1000

Dan Post wrote:
"...............made me wonder if there was a way to attach a yellow filter
to the 12?
I was pleased to find that the Zenit 20mm allows you to screw little filters
to the REAR of the lens, and was wondering if the Heliar afforded the same
convenience?"

Hi Dan
I have the 12/5.6 Heliar and it unfortunately doesn't have this rear filter
facility built in, but I have just made a filter ring to use 87 and 25
filters over the rear element of this lens, mainly for infra-red use.
They seem to work fine.
I can maybe post an image or two if anyone is interested in a "first test".
Mike Nicholls
Canberra Australia
mikenic@cyberone.com.au

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] 15mm Heliar--Vignetting & Underexposure)