Subject: Re: [Leica] On the History of Voigtländer
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 18:13:52 -0500

Probably less deceptive.  I suspect there may be many people totaly unaware
that their "Leica" brand lens may actualy be made by Minolta (not that
there's anything wrong with that, some of my favourite lenses are
Minoltas).  On the other hand, I also suspect that there are very few if
any users of the new "Voigtlander" optics who aren't aware that they are
made in Japan by Cosina.

dan c.

At 11:18 PM 18-03-01 +0100, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
[snip]
>it. My 15mm Heliar, while branded Voigtländer, is also clearly identified as
>Made in Japan. Cosina's use of the brand for their rangefinder line is no
more
>deceptive than, say, Leica's relabelling of a Fuji digital camera as a Leica
>Digilux or of various Sigma and Minolta lenses as Leica R lenses.
[snip]

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> ([Leica] On the History of Voigtländer)