Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: OT: AF SLR Survey
From: MEBérubé <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:58:11 -0500

At 01:13 AM 1/25/01 +0000, you wrote:
> > I don't know is it allow to do that here, but would you mind to tell me
> > which AF SLR system do you use?

We need no steenkin' IR active and passive beams to focus. (Heck, we don't
even need batteries!) ;)

Here's what we <sarcasm> "true professionals" </sarcasm> carry for SLRs:

one chrome (or one nicely worn black paint on brass) minolta SRT102 with
35-70/3.5 MacroMD & one minolta XE7 with 35-85/2.8 Vivitar Series 1. Also
carry: 50/1.4MD Rokkor-X (for when we DON'T have the Leicas and it's dark
dark) and a 70-300/4-5.6 Sigma for longer tele work. All, of course topped
with a Vivitar 285HV (with 4 simple AAs) on a Bachrach bracket and 273
w/slave when needed.

(note: I bought all of the above except the Sigma as "previously
experienced" gear and paid less for all of it than my M5 body cost me
alone, yet the SRT has plugged along for 15 years paycheck after paycheck
with only a CLA -out of kindness not need- every few years...That sort of
reliability is hard to beat.)

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube

Message from Yaniv Gur <ygur@bluefishlabs.com> (RE: [Leica] OT: AF SLR Survey)