Subject: Re: [Leica] Baby Photos
From: MEBérubé <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:24:03 -0500

At 01:39 PM 1/25/01 +1100, Peter Zak wrote:
>In about 1 week I'm going to be a dad, I've been think for some time of how
>to best capture the moment and also not to be stuffing around with cameras
>at a time like that.
>Any suggestion welcome...

Get some really fast film (neopan or fuji 1600 Super HG?) Hand the camera
off to someone else in the family with no flash and let them worry about
"getting pictures." Be there to support the birthing mom (watch out for her
teeth and claws) and ENJOY the birth of your child first hand in real time
and not just later in photos. This is not something that you want to see
from behind the camera as a spectator. This is your life, get in there and
get your hands dirty. :)

Oh and Peter, congratulations, the birth of your child is an experience
that makes every other experience that you've ever had pale in comparison.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube
(two time homebirth dad)