Subject: Re: [Leica] More PAW's question re comments asked for.
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:56:09 +1100

>Hello Luggers
>
>For all of you who have been posting PAWs etc..
>
>Many of you request comments. I'd like to suggest when posting that you've
>got images for others to view, that you ALSO indicate:
>
>If you'd like comments, whether you'd like to have an honest appraisal
>(i.e., constructive criticism with suggestions for how the image could have
>been improved) as well as praise
>Whether you'd like those comments to come to you personally or as a LUG post
>where everyone might learn from the comment
>Lately I've looked at a lot of pictures posted by all of you. And though
>I've seen many excellent images, I've seen a number which could have been
>improved by a simple tweaking. In other words, do you want this to be a
>learning activity as well as showing your stuff?
>
>Critiquing is a great way to learn. But one has to be ready for the good,
>bad and the ugly comments! This means telling someone how they could have
>improved the image as well as telling them what was good about it.
>
>ted
>
>Ted Grant Photography Limited
>www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

I was going to say this a couple of days ago and then trashed the
post. On our Rollei board we have a great site designed to be
critical. We are learning lots, not least, how to take and give
comments. Not everyone likes to be told where the images "fails",
though I love it. It really is a chance to see your work through
others eyes. Might I suggest a single posting board for these images
similar to the Rollei one where comments can be left and shared.

For an example go to

http://cgi.linkclub.or.jp/~dmakos/imgsquare/index.cgi

cheers
- --