Subject: RE: [Leica] Modifying the 21/3.4 to meter with an M6
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:21:44 -0000

John,
I decided to go through with this and was happy with the result. I can use
the S/A on the M6, you rack it out to close focus to check exposure, it
seems consistent to me (at a convenient one stop under) and not weighted to
any side. It cost me 50 UKP for a Leica mechanic (Malcolm Taylor) to do, I
didn't feel like doing it myself, which is what the site suggests!
I have noticed a first series 28mm Elmarit-M for sale (a very rare Wetzlar
example) with this modifcation as well.

The information you want is here. Jesse Newcombe had a website (seemingly
unavailable now) his e-mail is:
jesse@sirius.com
http://reality.sgi.com/jessen_esd/cameras.html

I used (with his permission) the web site material for an article in the
last 'LPP News' (the magazine I edit) and will happily send a photocopy
(I've ditched the electronic file) if you send me your address John.

best wishes,
Jem