Subject: [Leica] Televid 20x-60x eyepiece
From: Roy Zartarian <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 18:09:57 -0400

Is anyone on the list using the new version of the 20x-60x eyepiece for the
Leica spotting scope?  At a shorebird workshop this morning where there
were 3 Leica spotting scopes amidst the flock of Nikons, Kowas and
Swarovskis, I had the opportunity to look through one briefly and the image
quality seemed to hold its own against my own 20x eyepiece.  But before I
plunk down the money, I'm hoping to get some reactions from owners/users.

The birds themselves cooperated for observation but, as the tide rose, were
too far for any decent photography.  However, after the time on the beach,
we discovered an immature peregrine at rest in a tree.  That was the
incentive to haul out the camera and 280/2.8 and burn up a roll of film.

Roy

Replies: Reply from "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Televid 20x-60x eyepiece)
Reply from Roy Zartarian <royzart@connix.com> (Re: [Leica] Televid 20x-60x eyepiece)