Subject: Re: [Leica] R* w/ 2.8 lens aperture error
From: Roy Zartarian <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:21:09 -0400

It's not exactly a problem; it's more an "undocumented feature." The same
happens with my 280/2.8 & R8 combo.  However, despite the readout, the R8
does meter and expose properly when the lens is set at 2.8, and the Metz
flash with the SCA3501 adapter will function properly.

I understand that a ROM upgrade of the lens corrects the readout.  Howevr,
it's such a beast to pack and ship that I haven't bothered.

Roy