Subject: Re: [Leica] Grey card
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 22:41:21 EDT

In a message dated 08/23/2000 9:05:55 PM, mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com writes:

<< Does this mean zone V and grey cards are not one and the same?

A cyclic thread but continually confusing none the less. >>

Hi Mark,

For a more detailed explanation of 18% grey cards, and 13% outdoor scenes,
you might look at Phil Davis' Beyond the Zone System chapter 8.  He covers
the ins and outs of meters in great detail, and in fairly plain English.  I
found it useful.  I'm even thinking of going the whole way and getting a
densitometer.  Anybody out there have any advice about these gizmos?  I'm
leaning toward a Heiland, which does transmission as well as reflected
readings.

Richard Wasserman

Replies: Reply from Jeff S <4season@boulder.net> (Re: [Leica] Grey card)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Grey card)