Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Leica 1
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 08:45:08 -0700

Miro Jurcevic wrote:

> Us poorer members of the LUG can only drool at the idea of 9 M's. That's
> more than any dealer normally has in our neck of the woods.<<<<<<<<<

Miro,
Some of us that have a number of leica cameras, R & M's work as
photographers and photojournalists and we require several on hand and
use at the same time depending on the type of assignment, as well as
back-up bodies.

Consider when I work in the high Arctic of Canada there aren't any
battery stores within thousands of miles ( you have a bunch of batteries
of every type fitting every piece of battery operated equipment.)  Let
alone a Leica dealer for service any where but many thousands of miles
to the south..

And when we are paid to shoot the outposts of the world, Arctic, tropics
or hell hole deserts, we are expected to come back with successful
shoots not excuses,  "sorry my camera broke!"

I can understand how you as an amateur would drool at the volume of gear
we own and purchased through our hard earned money as I like you, was an
amateur at one time and was as happy as a clam with my one Leica and
couldn't understand why anyone would need more than one.  Until!

I became a pro and discovered you can't do it like you know you should
with just one.

ted

Message from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Re: Re: Leica 1)