Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica 1
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 15:21:36 +0800

on 8/8/00 10:45 PM, Miro Jurcevic at miroj@ozemail.com.au wrote:

> BTW: Why would any person have 9 M's. Is that one focal length each, or is
> it one ASA each. You may need 81 M's to cover your bases.

Don't know if you are referring to me but I have and use 9 Ms, usually one
or two at a time but sometimes I carry four on a job if necessary.

One reason I have so many is that I live in China where even a rush job to
get a camera fixed involves pigeoning the camera to Hong Kong and getting it
sent from there to Solms, sending a series of begging faxes and emails to
the CEO and waiting at least two months (at least that is what the last one
took) after which I then have to find some kind soul to handcarry the camera
back to me in Beijing. If I have to fly to Hong Kong that costs me another
$750 for each return flight.

I have a lot of lenses too for much the same reason: one lens I dropped
whilst covering a demo took over 6 months to be fixed in Solms...

When my EOS cameras or lenses need fixing it is usually done on the spot
here in Beijing or at most 12 hours. Likewise Nikon - got my Coolscan fixed
in a day last week at no charge either.

And yet I keep using Leicas despite all the hassle! The main reasons are
that I like using them and I prefer the results

Bests

Adrian

- --
Adrian Bradshaw
Corporate and Editorial Photography
Beijing, China
tel/fax +86 10 6532 5112
mobile +86 139 108 22292
e-mail apbbeijing@yahoo.com
OR adrianpeterbradshaw@compuserve.com

Please note my new mobile number (as of August 1st)