Subject: Re: [Leica] Some ideas for a new R
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 08:06:24 -0700

Ccl1396915541@aol.com wrote:

> After I slammed the R bodies I thought before I went off on my trip I'd
> propose what might be a nice way to support the Leitz lenses everybody is
> rooting for.  Suppose Leica called up Nikon and said: Hey, you still have the
> tooling for the F4?  Ok, we'll buy it.  We'll rip out the autofocus motor
> (but leave in the in-focus lights) and hook  up a Leica lensmount to the
> meter.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Chuck,
Have a nice trip I hope it's a holiday! As this idea wont get past the
LUG network.

> calls up Cosina and says:  make us one of those cheap mechanical bodies like
> you do for Nikon and Olympus and Yashica and Ricoh.  We want both a spot
> meter and centerweighted in ours like the Olympus has.  We'll sell it for
> $400 'cause it says "Leica". <<<<<<<<<<<<

What I can't ever understand is, why people keep whining about the cost
of Leica gear. We all know it costs a bundle, so big deal!  May I ask
how many whiners drive mercedes, Porches, Ferraris etc. etc. high priced
machines but don't buy them because they cost a bundle.  But these
whiners aren't telling the high priced vehicle manufacturers they should
buy the rights to a cheaper version car to put a great motor in the
"cheap body!"

It doesn't make any sense putting awesome lenses on a cheap body simply
because the next thing the whiners will be on about is the "cheap body
crashing and burning"  and why the hell do Leica ...yatta yatta yatta
etc. whine whine whine ad nausum! make a good body?

Look, if you can't afford the ticket don't complain about the price or
operation of the product!  Buy what you can afford, live with it and
don't keep making stupid non business like, suggestions about the
product.  Simply because, we who can afford them, work the hell out of
them for years and don't have the mickey mouse complaints that the
whiners have who can't afford them!

Leica is Leica for what it is,  as many of us who have used them, not
played and toyed with them for many years will attest..... "We are
generally just as happy as clams in hot soup with our Leicas!" We have
no whining suggestions as it's very simple for us, "We love the cameras,
M , R or whatever version we have!"

Buy what you can afford and have a happy time taking pictures rather
than whining about Leica! So please let the whining rest, thanks!
ted

!

 That way folks can get started in the system or

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Some ideas for a new R)