Subject: [Leica] Chicago Stores
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 11:53:38 GMT

I work only a block away from Central Camera and buy everything except film
through the mail. One of the curiosities I discovered at Central was that
their used prices are unbelieveably high (in the case of a Minox I was
looking at, more than the discounted new price at the time!), and much
higher than their Shutterbug ads (note the fine print in the SB ads that
says prices are for mail-order only). They do have quite a bit of Leica
stuff, though.

If it's not Leica you're looking for, though, you should check out
International Camera at 9 S. Wabash--their collection of strange old
mostly-35mm stuff makes your local Palo Alto place look pale, and it's all
for sale! :-)

You could also check out my violin making shop on State Street, if you call
first--312-933-3158 (if you use the number in the phone book I let the
answering machine take it).

- --Michael