Subject: [Leica] Re: OT, E6 Process kits, plus P30 for Ilfochrome
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:50:16 -0700

Shipping procedures seem to depend on the phase of the moon and an
assortment of unknown variables. I just received E6 (5 liter kit) with no
"hazmat" handling. Others say they need to ship special.

Tina, are you using the Kodak one gallon E6 or the 5 liter? I think you can
still buy the one gallon chemicals one chemical at a time, but not as a
complete seven chemical kit. At first I did not like the "one-shot" idea
behind the new 5 liter kit, but have come to appreciate it for JOBO
processing. To stretch chemistry out a bit, I just mix 250ml fresh, then add
it to the last-used chemistry (stored in full bottles) to make 600ml (enough
to fill a JOBO bottle). If the old chemistry gets over six weeks old, I just
toss it and start with all new fresh (600ml) again. Seems to work fine and I
don't go thru the whole 5 liter kit so quickly.

And back to shipping problems, has anyone tried to buy Ilford P30 (for
Cibachrome) 2 liter processing kits lately? It's almost impossible to find,
and we keep hearing something about a factory fire. Finally found three kits
at Calumet.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger