Subject: Re: [Leica] Pictures of the birth of our daughter
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:04:08 +0100

Muhammad

I too have the 35 & 90 lenses that you mentioned.  I really didn't want to
miss any opportunities at the birth so I decided that the Noctilux was the
only way to go, and I am glad I made the choice.  I also have the 50mm f/2
which I will keep for its quality and low weight.  I believe that I have a
collection of lenses that will capture great images over the years,
providing my ability matches theirs.  I feel I am getting better but still a
great distance to go before I get even close to some of the people in the
LUG.

As for the 28mm length, I am using a Ricoh GR1S and it has an excellent
aspheric 28mm f/2.8 lens on it.  Ricoh made a thread mount version of this
lens for Leica cameras.  I have posted a few images (buildings and trees as
well as one photo of Daisy) to show the quality of the lens at:

http://www.sclamb.com/ricoh/ricohhome.htm

For £289 it is just an amazing camera, and a full £1,100 cheaper than the
Leica lens and finder.  Maybe not quite the same quality, but good enough
for now.

I have found that setting limits with budgets for Leica serves no real
purpose.  You just need to find a bank manager who appreciates quality, and
buy, buy, buy!

Simon

Amateur images at http://www.sclamb.com

Muhammad Chishty wrote:

> Simon:
>
> Lovely photos!  They make a great argument for buying the Noctilux lens!
And
> I was all set to limit my M6 photography to only 2 lenses - the 35mm
> Summicron ASPH and the 90mm Summicron APO ASPH!  Oh well, back to the
drawing
> board (or the bank loan application).  Now, how much can a 50mm/f1.0 lens
> possibly cost?.....
>

> Subject: Re: [Leica] Pictures of the birth of our daughter
> At 12:11 PM 7/10/00 -0700, Simon Lamb wrote:
>
> >I have posted some pictures taken before and after the birth of our new
> >daugter Daisy.  All of them were taken with my M6 and most using a
Noctilux.